Keiser University is a private, non-profit university system with its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Founded in 1977 by Arthur Keiser, Keiser University has expanded to encompass multiple campuses throughout Florida, as well as campuses in other states and countries. In this essay, we will explore the history, mission, programs, and unique features of Keiser University.
History of Keiser University
Arthur Keiser founded the Keiser School in 1977 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with the aim of providing students with career-focused education in high-demand fields. Initially offering courses in business and computer technology, Keiser School quickly grew in popularity and expanded its program offerings to include healthcare, culinary arts, and other areas.
In 1982, the school was renamed Keiser Institute of Technology, and in 1986, it became Keiser College, offering associate degrees in a wide range of fields. In 2001, Keiser College received its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and in 2006, it was granted university status, becoming Keiser University.
Mission and Philosophy
Keiser University’s mission is to provide students with a career-focused education that prepares them for successful careers in their chosen fields. The university emphasizes practical, hands-on learning, and its programs are designed to give students the knowledge, skills, and experience they need to succeed in today’s job market.
Keiser University’s philosophy is based on the belief that education should be student-centered, and that the needs and goals of each individual student should be taken into account when designing educational programs. The university aims to provide a supportive and engaging learning environment that encourages students to reach their full potential.
Keiser University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as healthcare, business, criminal justice, education, and more. Some of the most popular programs at Keiser University include:
- Nursing: Keiser University offers both a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. The BSN program prepares students to become registered nurses, while the MSN program provides advanced training in nursing practice, leadership, and education.
- Business: Keiser University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration, accounting, finance, marketing, and other business-related fields.
- Criminal Justice: The university offers a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice program, as well as a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program. These programs prepare students for careers in law enforcement, corrections, and other criminal justice fields.
- Education: Keiser University offers a Bachelor of Science in Education program, as well as a Master of Science in Education program. These programs provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to become effective teachers and educators.
Keiser University is known for its unique features that set it apart from other universities. Some of these features include:
- Small Class Sizes: Keiser University maintains a low student-to-faculty ratio, with an average class size of 20 students. This allows for more personalized attention and interaction between students and faculty.
- Flexible Scheduling: Keiser University offers flexible scheduling options, including day, evening, and online classes, as well as accelerated programs that allow students to complete their degree programs in less time.
- Career Services: Keiser University provides extensive career services to its students, including job placement assistance, resume writing and interviewing skills training, and networking opportunities with employers in various fields.
- Student Support Services: Keiser University offers a range of student support services, including tutoring, academic advising, counseling, and disability services. The university aims to provide a supportive and inclusive learning environment that meets the needs of all students.
Keiser University has grown significantly since its inception in 1977, expanding its program offerings and establishing multiple campuses throughout Florida and beyond. The university’s mission and philosophy focus on providing students with a practical and career-focused education that prepares them for success in their chosen fields. Keiser University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as healthcare, business, criminal justice, and education, among others.
One of the most notable features of Keiser University is its commitment to small class sizes and personalized attention for students. This approach allows for more individualized instruction and support, which can be particularly beneficial for students who may need additional help or guidance. Additionally, the university’s flexible scheduling options and career services help students to balance their academic studies with work and other commitments, and to connect with employers and career opportunities after graduation.
In recent years, Keiser University has also become known for its innovative use of technology in education. The university has implemented a range of online and blended learning options, which can be particularly beneficial for students who live far from campus or who need more flexibility in their schedules. Additionally, the university has invested in cutting-edge technology and equipment for its programs in healthcare, culinary arts, and other fields, providing students with hands-on experience with the latest tools and techniques in their respective industries.
Overall, Keiser University has established itself as a leading provider of career-focused education in Florida and beyond. Its commitment to small class sizes, personalized attention, and flexible scheduling options, as well as its innovative use of technology, make it a unique and compelling choice for students seeking a practical and career-oriented education. Whether you are interested in healthcare, business, criminal justice, education, or another field, Keiser University offers a wide range of programs and resources to help you achieve your goals and succeed in your chosen career.